Gift certificates are available for the Poplar Creek Guesthouse or for any of our exciting adventure programs. To order call 218-388-4487. For additional information or to purchase a Gift Certificate. (Gift Certificates start at $50 and are sold in $50 increments.)
Special Time for Two
- Two nights in Ollie's Room at Poplar Creek Guesthouse
- In-room double whirlpool tub, queen bed and private bath
- Hearty continental breakfast each morning
- Trail or basket lunch (your choice) one day
- Use of canoe and/or mountain bikes in the summer and snowshoes in winter, anytime during your stay
Rate: $395 per couple plus tax
Upon your arrival a beautiful floral basket arrangement greets you in your double whirlpool room at Poplar Creek Guesthouse.
- Champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries
- Two nights with in-room double whirlpool tub, queen bed and private bath
- Hearty continental breakfast each morning
- Four course fireside dinner at nearby local restaurant one evening
Trail or basket lunch (your choice) one day. Use of canoe and/or mountain bikes in the summer and snowshoes in winter, anytime during your stay. Departing gift.
Rate: $560 per couple plus taxes.
Inn to Inn Canoeing
Spend the night in Dorothy's room at Poplar Creek Guesthouse. After breakfast, canoe from Little Ollie Lake to Trail Center Lodge on Poplar Lake where you will spend the night. Canoeing distance varies with route. The most direct route is about two miles. On the longest route, you paddle six miles through the Boundary Waters and travel across four portages. The trip includes two nights lodging, breakfast two days, trail lunch one day, one canoe with paddles and life vests and car/gear shuttle between accommodations.
Rate: $210/person (two person minimum) plus tax
Room upgrade available.
Inn to Inn Around BWCA--Ely to the Gunflint Trail
Special Includes: Four nights lodging with breakfast. Two nights at the Blue Heron B & B and two nights at Poplar Creek Guesthouse B & B. Picnic lunch and map showing route between Ely and the Gunflint. Use of canoes and at both B & B's. Mountain bike use at Poplar Creek B & B.
Rate: $710/couple; $610 single person plus taxes.
Bed, Breakfast and Canoe to Rose Falls
Stay overnight in Dorothy's room at the Guesthouse and after breakfast the next day, canoe with an experienced guide to one of the Boundary Water's most spectacular areas- the Stairway Portage and waterfalls of Rose Lake. Return to the Guesthouse that afternoon for another night. Package includes two nights lodging with breakfast, canoe and guide and trail lunch.
Reserve online Rate: $ 565 plus taxes
Bed, Breakfast and Birding in the Boreal
Bird watchers will find an astonishing variety of birds unique to the boreal forest around Poplar Creek Guesthouse B&B and in the burned over Ham Lake fire area located near the B&B. The American Birding Conservancy has heralded Superior National Forest as one of 100 "Globally Important Birding Areas". With one hundred and fifty-five nesting species of birds, the Superior Forest has the greatest number of breeding birds of any National Forest in the country.
- With Birding Guide - Two Night Package for two people includes- Hearty Continental breakfast each morning, services of a birding guide for one morning, followed by lunch at one of the Gunflint Trail's favorite restaurants: Trail Center. Free use of two birding kits (equipped with binoculars, birding area maps, and a bird book) during your stay.Special Price: $460 for 2 people
- Self Guided - Two Night Package for two includes- breakfast each morning, lunch at one of the area's favorite restaurants: Trail Center and free use of two birding kits (equipped with binoculars, birding area maps, and a bird book) during your stay.Special Price: $340 for 2 people
Lodge to Lodge and Yurt Skiing
Poplar Creek Guesthouse and Cross River Lodge; are participants in the acclaimed Boundary Country Trekking's Lodge to Lodge Ski Program. Include a Bed and Breakfast in your stay and save on lodging costs. For additional information and rates go to Lodge to Lodge Skiing.
Yurt To Yurt
Ski the Boundary Waters'(BWCA) longest tracked cross country ski trail — the Banadad Ski Trail, staying overnight in yurts. The Tall Pines Yurt is at the Banadad's eastern trailhead. The Croft Yurt and Olga Hut are near the trail's center at the Bedew Lake Yurt Camp. From the Tall Pines Yurt to the Bedew Lake Yurt Camp it is a 19 Kilometer Ski; from the Yurt Camp to the western end of the Banadad it is a 12 Kilometer ski.
For centuries, the people of the Mongolian plateau have found yurts to be comfortable, convivial dwellings. These round, peaked-roofed, canvas-covered huts are warm and cozy. Each comes equipped with a wood-fired stove, dishes and utensils, pots and pans, LP gas stove with oven, prep area, dining area, sleeping bags and bunk beds. An outhouse is nearby. The Tall Pines yurt even has a wood fired Finnish sauna. While you ski the Banadad, your gear and food are transported for you and your car is shuttled to the end of the trail.
On the Banadad Ski Adventure, the yurt host not only shuttles in your gear but brings in our food for you to reheat.. Our yurt hosts do not stay overnight at the yurts.
Or can also take advantage of the cost savings of the "Yurt on Your Own" package, where you provide your own meals and tend to the camp chores.
Call 28-388-4487 for more information or reservations
Fall Trail Maintenance
Banadad Ski Trail Maintenance Weekend - Saturday October 26-28, 2018
Join friends and fellow skiers clearing the Banadad Ski of the past summer's accumulation of brush and down trees. Lodging, breakfast and lunch available. Contact the Poplar Creek Guesthouse- 1-218-388-4487 for additional information